Sunday, January 10, 2016

7 months and counting!



Wow, 7 months in the mission already! It feels so good being able to be a missionary and knowing that I have the opportunity to share this wonderful message with everyone. It is awesome! This past week I was just reading my journals from the Mtc and the first couple of weeks here in Villa. I read something that caught my attention! Back in July I came to Villa from El Triunfo to sign something for my visa. That night I had the opportunity to stay in a nice house that had A/C. I was very excited because it was going to be the first time in my mission where I would be sleeping with A/C. Well, that house, is the house where I live in now. I know a lot of you might be thinking that I'm dumb or who cares, but for me it's a blessing being able to be here.

7 months ago when I first started I never thought I would be here. I thought I was going to be stuck in El Triunfo for a long time (which I was lol)! There were times where I thought I wasn't ready to be a missionary. It was a hard time for me. The only thing I remember was thinking "Elder Najera, you can do this. If everyone else can survive, why can´t you". All I can say is that I'm glad I stayed and just pushed through it. I am able to learn a lot every day! I know that our heavenly father has a special plan for every single person. He knows exactly what you have to go through to become a better person. He also knows how much everyone can handle. Alma 13:3 "And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such".

I am enjoying every day of my mission. I have the opportunity to meet a lot of people and other missionaries. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to do divisions with an Elder that is from Gilbert, Arizona. I was actually in his area all the way in Veracruz! It was a great opportunity to learn from other missionaries. I am excited to see what the future (in my mission) hold for me! All I can say is that anyone that is debating if they should go on a mission (like I was), just go for it! It will be the best experience! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment