Saturday, March 12, 2016

Almost half way!



It's real people! I am officially almost a year! I know it's still 3 months, but time is just flying by!
Things I have learned in the last 9 months
- The mission is not easy
- I am not perfect 
- The holy ghost is awesome and helps in many ways
- The book of Mormon is True
- Patience is a virtue 
- I hate living in humid places
- I hate mosquito's
- My mission has been sweet! 

I can go on & on but let's just say that these past 9 months have awesome!

This past week has definitely been challenging! Since most of the days we leave the office after 3pm we usually don't have much time to work in our area. I guess being a secretary has it's pros and cons! Every opportunity we have to work in our area we have to be successful missionaries. We had this little girl that wanted to get baptized. Her sister and brother are members but her mom isn't. On Thursday we went to interview her and she was excited to get baptized....... but her weird mom doesn't want her to. We tried to talk to her but she was acting weird and didn't want to come out of her room! She was just telling her older daughter what to tell us! Sometimes I don't understand parents here! They ALWAYS want the best for their kids, but they don't allow them to get baptized. 

After we left her their house I got attacked by 12628738 mosquito's! Lol. I realized that it's the time of the year when all those little nasty things start to come out! This week has been pretty hot! Sometimes I don't know how people here can survive living without A/C!  

We also moved houses this week which was a success! We are now living with the Assistants, who are also gonna be going to BYU! It's sweet! The best part about our new house is that was have A/C in our room. It's actually a really nice big house! I'm enjoying it every second! So yeah peeps, I officially hit a year in 3 months! A couple weeks after I hit the year, President Haz(the new mission president) will be arriving! He is from Utah and everyone says he´s cool! That's all I know! 

Alright, Well my time is out! It's time for me to go hit up Walmart for some grocery shopping and maybe go eat some nice tortas from "Tortas del Barrio"! Before I say good bye I want everyone to just take 6 minutes more from their day to watch this wonderful video! 


Go check it out!!! 
Have a nice week everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment